Why study in the UK


UK universities offer respected and internationally-recognised qualifications across a broad range of subjects. The UK higher education system is renowned for its academic excellence, where the quality and standard of undergraduate courses are guaranteed through the work of various official bodies.
As well as meeting strict academic criteria, universities and colleges in the UK will motivate and encourage you to perform well in your chosen subject, and help you reach your full potential. Many institutions have international open days, international offices, international student clubs and societies, planned social events, advisers and counsellors to help support you during your time as an undergraduate in the UK.  The quality of UK education is internationally recognised by employers, universities and governments, making it a popular choice for many international students.



Second, only to the US for attracting international students, the UK welcomes nearly half a million students every year and offers a world-class education. As well as the opportunity for unrivalled life experience within the rich welcoming culture of modern Britain, it has cosmopolitan university cities. The UK is also the gateway to Europe, where, with just a short flight, you can explore some of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world.

One of the main differences in UK university degrees is that they tend to be more specialist from the outset. So, if you have a good idea of what you want to study a degree in Great Britain means you will start learning your subject from day one. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can’t change your mind, as you always have the option to change your course if you are not enjoying it. Or if you are less sure, you can undertake a joint honours degree or do a foundation year. One of the main advantages of the UK higher education system is that you will get an honours degree in 3 years. With many institutes now offering a more intensive 2-year honours degree. Some universities that offer fast track degrees are:

How to Apply

The UK offers one of the most diverse ranges of study opportunities of any country. Your academic pathway and choice of university is the all-important first step. We have an in-depth knowledge of all the options there are to study in the UK, helping you to find the right university and degree course. Applying for university in the UK is a very competitive process. Courses require students to stand out from the crowd. We will support you to understand how to apply for university in the UK and help you make the best application you can. We will ensure you get the course you want, at the best university for you.

All of our international students who apply to study in the UK, with English as a second language, need to consider the UK university English language requirements. Undertaking an English language course as an international student is often essential. We can advise you on likely IELTS UKVI requirements. We will recommend academic English courses to help you improve your English language skills, so you meet the language requirements. Ensuring you attain the IELTS level, as a condition of your offer, is an essential part of you gaining your place to study in the UK.


First Degree

  • Entry requirements vary. Typical requirements are:

    • Academic: at least 3 years of higher education or equivalent
    • English language: UKVI IELTS 4.5 to 5.5 or accepted equivalent

    Find out more information about degree programs by contacting us.

    Masters Degree 

    • You will typically need to have a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, or equivalent.
    • Minimum IELTS 6.0 in all skills for a 1-term course, or minimum IELTS 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in any skill for courses with extra Preparatory English, or accepted equivalent
    • Academic transcripts (plus certified translations if the original transcripts aren’t in English)



You must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). All universities must have been given or applied for Highly Trusted Status (HTS) on the UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor list (30 points). ‘A rated’ colleges can also issue CAS numbers. The ‘A’ rating is a transitional rating for 12 months and all ‘A rated’ colleges must apply for HTS status within this 12 month transition period.  You must provide evidence of funding to pay for both your course tuition fees and your monthly living costs (10 points). Tuition fees are on average £12,000 per year but can range from £8,000 to £36,000.

Visa application

To submit your Tier 4 student visa application, please visit the UK Visa & Immigration website to complete the online application form. International students from all countries (apart from North Korea) have to submit the visa application online. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information) taken at a visa application centre as part of your application.

Immigration Health Service Charge

All nationals from outside of Europe coming to live in the UK for longer than six months are required to pay a ‘health surcharge’ in order to gain access to the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). The health surcharge is £150 per year (or £75 for 6 months or less) for students and is payable when you submit your visa application online. Visa applicants need to pay up-front for the total period of their UK visa. For further information, read our Health Advice for International Students. Remember, you can only apply for a visa once you have been given a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. Check you are eligible for a UK Student Visa but do not apply until after you have been accepted onto a course. Your chosen university can guide you through the visa process once you have been accepted onto a course.

You can work for up to 20 hours a week during your studies and full-time during your holidays to help support your studies. This only applies if you are studying a degree level course at a UK higher education institution for longer than 6 months.

The university or college must be listed on the Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) list and the list of recognised bodies. Find out more information about working in the UK during your studies and after you’ve completed your course.